Carley and Graham. I love these two. I met Carley, who is now one of my best friends, through her engagement to Graham. Carley contacted me about wedding photography and she sounded super cute and sweet by email. She had so many awesome ideas for their engagement session like bringing cruiser bikes, sparklers and a vintage camera. So it was no surprise at all when I met them for their engagement session and knew within minutes that I had met two new friends. I found out Carley had a talent for photography and a background in graphic design and before I knew it, she was on board as my main second shooter/assistant editor. Our friendship really grew the first summer we worked side by side at weddings. Carley once said to me, “There are friends who come into your life for a reason, a season and a lifetime and you’re a life-timer buddy.” I couldn’t agree more Carleycakes! : )
Carley is one of those people, those special, rare people who are such a bright, shiny light that you can’t help but gravitate to like a moth. She is one of the kindest, thoughtful, positive and loving people I’ve ever met. I can completely see why her and Graham are together – they’re two peas in a pod and Graham shares her kindness and fantastic sense of humour. I’m constantly laughing when he is around (love that dry wit!). I’m always fascinated by Graham’s insane cooking abilities (he’s a chef at Kelowna’s acclaimed Waterfront Restaurant and Wine Bar). One time, I remember asking him, after he made an amazing pizza with caramelized onions on it, “So what kind of caramel do you use for the onions?” Hahaha- I got a head pat for that one. I don’t think I’ll ever live that one down.
I was so excited Carley and Graham chose the beautiful Laurel Packinghouse in Kelowna for their wedding. They recently restored this beautiful museum in the center of Kelowna’s Cultural District and opened its doors to weddings. I was so impressed with all of the creativity that was put into decor for this wedding. They decided on a quirky theme of circles, travel and vintage cameras and the place was decked out with the coolest pieces from Vintage Origami who does vintage decor rentals. Fantastic!
I think it’s a given that I had a blast photographing Carley and Graham’s wedding! I am friends with most of the wedding party so they totally hammed it up for the camera. : D It was such a fun, perfect day. I didn’t want it to end!
Carley and Graham, I foresee your future and it’s filled with love, laughter and many adventures. I’m so happy for you two!!!
The Laurel Packinghouse. It is the oldest and largest standing packinghouse in British Columbia.Carley and Graham jetted off to Italy for their honeymoon after their wedding. Eeeeee- I can’t wait to hear all their stories and see all their photos when they return!!
Carley’s good friend, and Miami, FL photographer, Kaare Iverson, put his awesome photo skills to work at the photo booth as a gift to Carley. His upbeat personality brought people out of their shells and he got so many awesome shots! I’m so happy I got a couple with Carley!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 250.718.9247
- Venue: Laurel Packinghouse, Kelowna, BC.
- Catering: Details Catering (menu designed by Graham and chef Mark Filatow)
- Milk glass and cake plates – Lois Lane Warehouse
- All other vintage decor – Vintage Origami
- Rentals: All Occasions
- Printing company for invitations and table stationary: Digital Lizard
- Florals: Art Knapp (kelowna) and Whole Blossoms (online) – arranged by friends
- Cake: Carley’s mom baked it and her dad decorated it. : )
- Wine: Kelowna Wine Museum
- Beer: Tree Brewing
- Midnight Pizza Snack: DunnEnzies Pizza
- Marriage Commisioner: Karen Medland
- DJ: Friend Trevor Neill
- Makeup: Melissa Craven
- Hair: Vanity Hair Salon
- Bride’s dress: Made with much love by Carley’s mom, based on a vintage vogue 1950s dress.
- Bridesmaid Dresses and flower girl dresses: Made by Carley’s mom.
- Girls heart hair clips: ban.do
- Fabric: Fabricana in Richmond, BC
- Bride’s Jewelery: All vintage peices from Carley’s mom and Graham’s granny.
- Clutches: Bagatelles and co (etsy)
- Brides Shoes: Nordstroms
- Veil: BHLDN
- Grooms suit and groomsmen pants: Moores
- Guys Shirts and Ties: Calvin Klein
- guys shoes: Adidas
- Ring Bearer bow tie and suspenders: golubchick (etsy)