I loved so many things about Leigh and Russ’s wedding but Leigh and Russ topped the list. I cannot say enough what sweet, sincere and fun individuals these two are. And together they are one big collision of awesomeness. The whole day was one big fun-sandwich.
Leigh and Russ had their ceremony at Outback Resort in Vernon and then went on to have their intimate reception at Sparkling Hill Resort. The Outback Resort was such an awesome place! I had never seen it before. Beautiful, modern cabins on Okanagan lake in Vernon. There was an awesome cave on the property where Leigh and Russ did their “First Look.” How cool is that! They chose a really cute place on the boardwalk to have their ceremony and walked each other down the aisle. : )
After the ceremony, my second shooter, Carley, and I, along with the 3 videographer magicians (Desy, Kyle and Jeremy) behind RF Productions, stole Leigh and Russ away to take photos on our way to Sparkling Hill. It was such a fun collaborative atmosphere for Carley and I, working alongside RF Productions. Leigh and Russ had chosen great spots and it just felt like having one big photo party with friends. Desy and Jeremy filmed while Kyle edited and they showed the video later at the reception. Amazing! I was so impressed. You can see the fantastic video they did here.
I loved every inch and speck of this wedding and the warm, upbeat feeling that surrounded the whole day. I’m so happy and grateful I get to be a part of days like these. Leigh and Russ, let’s do it all over again! ; D
Mascara wand mustache! ; )I thought it was so sweet how Russ included his pet dog while he got ready.My second shooter Carley’s angle on the left, my angle on the right.When Russ said, “I do,” Leigh said, “Are you sure?” and burst out laughing. haha. Pretty cute.The dog was the ring bearer. I love how inclusive Leigh and Russ were with their dog.My angle on the left and my second shooter Carley’s angle on the right.Fist bump! Yes!We had a little impromptu “trash the bouquet” moment for fun. haha.Leigh and Russ got fake knuckle tattoos for the day. Love it!
- Ceremony Venue: Outback Resort, Vernon, BC.
- Reception Venue: Sparkling Hill Resort, Vernon, BC.
- Videography: RF Productions, Richmond, BC
- Marriage Commissioner: Barbara Cragg, Vernon, BC
- Florals: Table Decor/Groom’s Boutonniere – Mom and Me, Kelowna; Bride’s Bouquet: Art Knapp, Kelowna, BC
- Cake: Sparkling Hill Resort, Vernon, BC
- Make-up: Melissa Craven and Cheri Chung (CC Artistry)
- Dress: Custom Ivy and Aster from Frocks, Calgary, AB
- Bride’s jewelry: Stella and Dot; feather earrings – Couture Naturally via Etsy
- Rings: Bride – custom through the Jewelry Exchange, Kelowna, BC; Groom – EVStenroos, Calgary, AB
- Bride’s shoes: Tsubo from Gravity Pope Online
- Grooms shoes: Vans from Gravity Pope Calgary, AB
- Groom’s clothing: Custom suit from Harry Rosen, Shirt from Holt Renfew, Tie – Ben Sherman
- Faux Knuckle Tattoos – Tattly